Skip To The Main Content

Internships to boost recruitment to Northamptonshire firms ​

The University of Northampton is running a programme to help firms solve challenging recruitment problems by accessing a skilled graduate workforce.

Time2Grow is a multi-million pound EU funded programme which provides businesses with a graduate for 280 hours over a 10-week period.

The internships are designed to enable SMEs to tap into a driven graduate talent pool, that is keen to deliver a positive impact to that business. Janice Watkins of Time2Grow said: “University graduates come with a range of skills and benefits that can help businesses reach that next level.

They are keen to prove themselves and to progress and want to make sure they are delivering above and beyond expectations. The internships will be part-funded, to help businesses to penetrate new markets, deliver new products or find new efficiency improvements.

This could well be a ‘try before you buy’ opportunity if a business is looking to recruit.” Time2Grow, is delivered by the University of Northampton and the University of Bedfordshire, pay 60% of the cost and will invoice the business for the remaining 40%. This equates to the business only paying £5.29 plus VAT per hour for the graduate.

The Universities will advertise, shortlist and pay the graduate. The scheme is open to businesses in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes and Aylesbury Vale. For more information visit: www.time2grow.org.uk