To make entrepreneurship more accessible for women and to increase support for female start-ups locally, Let’s Do Business, the local Growth Hub and NatWest have teamed up to provide a programme for women to overcome some of the barriers they face when thinking about starting a business.
Her Biz is an inspiring business support programme designed specifically for women in Kent and East Sussex to start and establish their own businesses.
The course runs over three group sessions in Maidstone, with talks by inspiring female entrepreneurs and further one-to-one mentoring sessions with our expert business advisers. The group will comprise between 10 and 15 women.
All the services delivered under this scheme are FREE of charge as they are part-funded by NatWest and the European Regional Development Fund.
The programme includes help with:
• Creating a vision for your business
• Learning about the skills and mind-set required to start your business
• Overcoming the barriers to starting a business
• Researching your market
• Exploring your business model
• Developing your business plan
• Defining your own target audience
• Developing a brand strategy and marketing plan
• Social media and PR
• Peer mentoring with like-minded people curious about starting a business
• Everything financial/It is all about the money. Pricing and marketing offers, cash flow forecast, the breakeven point
By the end of the course, you will have increased your confidence, developed your business skills and created a business plan. On completion, the applicant with the most promising business plan will WIN £1,000 towards the cost of setting up their business.
• 8 July 2019, 10:00 - 14:00
• 18 July 2019, 10:00 - 14:00
• 22 July 2019, 10:00 - 14:00
• Final prize giving event - 5 August 2019
Closing date for applications is 1 July 2019.
Check you are eligible
To be eligible to apply for the Her Biz programme (commencing July 2019) you must female and:
• Be thinking of starting a business
• Be currently employed or unemployed
• Have a business idea, but not be registered with HMRC or Companies House, or be trading. (If you have registered your business or are trading, you can still benefit from Business Growth Service for existing businesses).
• Be able to commit to all three workshops within the period of the course
• Be able to undertake a telephone interview in order to be accepted onto the programme
Best of luck to all those that enter and do let us know the results