The confirmed members of Cornwall Council's new Cabinet and the allocation of the individual portfolios. The membership of the Cabinet, which reflects the alliance between the Liberal Democrat and Independent Groups to form the new administration, comprises five Liberal Democrats and five Independents.
The five Liberal Democrat councillors nominated to the Cabinet and their portfolio areas are:
• Adam Paynter: (Launceston North and North Petherwin) – Leader
• Rob Rotchell: (Camelford) - Adults
• Geoff Brown: (Newquay Central) - Transport
• Edwina Hannaford: (Looe West, Lansallos and Lanteglos) – Neighbourhoods
• Sue James: (St Just in Penwith) – Environment and Public Protection
The five Independent councillors nominated to the Cabinet and their portfolio areas are :
• Julian German: (Roseland) – Deputy Leader and Resources
• Andrew Mitchell: (St Ives West) – Homes
• Mike Eathorne Gibbons: (Ladock, St Clement and St Erme) – Customers
• Bob Egerton: (Probus, Tregony and Grampound) – Planning and Economy
• Sally Hawken: (Liskeard East) - Children and Wellbeing
The Members of the Cabinet and the portfolios they will hold reflect the balance of our priorities. The majority of the Cabinet are new to the role and will bring new ideas to the table. There is also a good spread geographically with councillors from across the duchy from Launceston and Liskeard in the East to St Just in the far West.
You can read more about Cabinet Members and their responsibilities and how to contact them on the Cornwall Council website here: www.cornwall.gov.uk/council-and-democracy/profiles-of-cabinet-members